I was thinking about something...

me thinks too hard, to slow (sometimes), too fast others, too deep, too shallow, upside down, laying down, and in so many others ways. Sometimes it is painful!

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Quirky behavior

I am a very strange person sometimes. Anyone who knows me can testify to that.

I would also consider myself with having a bit of a self-esteem issue. I bring this up because there are times in my life when something happens that I have absolutely no control over and I really let it get me down. I shouldn't because it really has nothing to do with me, but for some reason I just take it personally, get offended, feel slighted and generally mope about. (I would be doing this exact thing, right now!)

I wonder if other people do this? I think the answer is that everyone does this at some point or another. I also think that the key is to realize that not everyone is going to speak the same "language" as you and you just need a bit of an interpreter or to become "bi-lingual" yourself. I have a fabulous husband to be that interpreter for me. He is just the greatest. His thinking a bit different from mine and he is able to, as a third party, give me insight into others motivations that I am not able to see. What a winner!

Now that I have sufficiently moped, I am over it, I will not be eating a pack of thin mints (see homeshopkinsz.blogspot.com) to drown my sorrow and feel fat about. I got over it almost all by myself. Have a party, I am making some progress in becoming less self-absorbed.

Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home